Week 4 / Nov. 3 recap:
The fall season came to a close and it was a race to the finish line. 25 juniors showed up for one last shot at throwing points onto the board with birdies, pars and bogies.
Over 5 weeks of on-course play including 4 in-house and 1 scrimmage all players combined to play 6-9 holes every evening of play. Goals for this group of predominantly beginner on-course juniors were to:
- Have fun
- Play 9 holes in 2hrs or less and
- Make as many team scores near par as possible.
The pace of play goal was met and surpassed multiple times and as a TEAM roster the players combined for 7 eagles, 56 birdies, 98 pars and 88 bogies. Essentially making a near par score or better for 52% of their holes played, which is very good statistically speaking of such a young group of players.
As individuals the point race was not surprisingly very close between the players with highest attendance who also found extra time to practice throughout the season. Cameron Konkle and Austin Brennan held off the Ballard family (James, Will, Ben) to receive top playing honors.
The future of Junior Golf at Greystone is bright and all fall players should be proud of their growth and accomplishments.
’19 Fall Schedule
- Sept 8th & 15th – OPTIONAL Practice Time – $2.50 Range Balls anytime between 5pm-7pm.
- Week 1 / September 22 – 4:30pm Welcome & Uniforms. 5:15pm Proper Practice Warm-up. 5:45-7:15pm Rd1 Matches.
- Week 2 / September 29 – 4:30pm Range & Warm-ups. 5:00-7:00pm Rd2 Matches.
- Week 3 / October 13 – 4:00pm Range & Warm-ups. 4:30-6:30pm Rd4 Matches.
- Week 4 / October 27 – 3:00pm Range & Warm-ups. 4:00-6:00pm Rd4 Matches vs Churchville Juniors
- Week 5 / November 3 – 2:00pm Range & Warm-ups. 3:00-5:00pm Rd5 Matches. 5:15pm-5:45pm Awards Banquet.